Thread: Thermostat
View Single Post
      10-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Carlin/14/E84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1 bmw

Thermostat

My 2014 s28i throw a 'Service Engine Soon' yellow light, I scan to see what it was and the OBDII gave me a P0597 reading as follow: Thermostat Heater Control Circuit Open. Has anyone had this problem with the thermostat? I was going to buy a thermostat and R&R the bad one, but probably I should take the car to the dealer first just in case it could be something more than the thermostat my OBDII scanner is a generic type. The car mileage at the present time are 58,000.

OK, I did go to the Dealer, even though I removed the SES light from the dash with my 'Generic' scanner. The rep. did mentioned that BMW do have an issue with the thermostat, also they do have a back order, but he said the thermostat do function like it suppose to except is always open, and it does give a fault to the ECU. I asked about a recall on the part, he didn't know. I inquired how much it will cost for the shop to hook-up their scanner and troubleshoot the problem, $175.

Anyway, I did order a thermostat not thru the Dealer, $72. The best part of all this in November of this year the car is scheduled for the re-call airbag to R&R.

Last edited by Carlin/14/E84; 10-05-2016 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: supplement
Appreciate 0