View Single Post
      02-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i & 330XI

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
This is from an email that I sent to a really nice guy yesterday and I thought it was a valid enough question to put out there to hopefully help other potential future 135i owners- or those in the market and just trying to get all the facts....I know we all have our opinions so please everyone understand that this is my experience- and yours may be different-and that is all good...Keep in mind this was also in response to a specific comparisson email that I received...

I have had a couple of people ask me about the pricing on the 2008 vs the 2009's...

what should they do? The are on the fence between buying an '08 or going ahead and buying a new '09. I wanted to provide a little insight that I think will be helpful..(in part because I thought the same thing when I was buying my ’08 last year and had the very rude awakening at the closing of the deal)

At first glance it appears that the amount is very close and maybe even cheaper to buy a new ’09… But in reality the pricing that is being compared is not entirely accurate. Pricing to order a 2009 135i begins at $35,800…

However, it is very important when wanting to compare apples to apples that once you add all of the options/packages included from the factory (not including the $$$$ of additional options that I added once the car was delivered) the cost jumps up to $44,650 !!!! But wait- this amount does not include tax, title, and any misc charges from the dealer… that can add up to $1,000 plus bringing the total up to well over $45,500 !!!

So what it comes down to is: Do you want to own one of the original limited edition “Year 1 of the One” cars that is as close to showroom new with only 8000 miles and Thousands of $$$$ dollars in options (including an extended warranty – which includes all oil changes, brakes, and even a new clutch [after 50,000 mile mark]- at no charge for 100,000).

Or do you want to spend up to $10,000 more for a car that is to the naked eye identical- with less options and is not even one full year newer. For some the answer to that question is “yes- I want the new car direct from the factory” (Also, keep in mind you then will probably have to wait for 2 months to have your car built, shipped, transported, inspected before you can actually drive it.) …

If you answer is YES - that is OK with me... I completely respect that decision- that was my decision in February 2008.

My only goal from this letter is to make sure that people have a more detailed understanding of what they are comparing their decision on.

This car is as close to brand new as you will EVER find... I have been flexible with price (I actually just lowered the price from $38,900 to $36,950 last week in an effort to show my commitment to selling it as fast as possible).
Appreciate 0