07-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
deoxys
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
I am on the same boat. My current configuration is 792M with all season runflats but I am thinking about switching to all season non runflat 18s.

This car will be nothing but a daily driver and I don't want to deal with the harshness of 19's on horrible Seattle roads and invisible pot holes filled with water on dark winter days. I am also assuming tire replacement will be much more cost effective on the 18s as well.

Jury is still out, I might just go buy 18" take offs but then I am tired of storing a set of wheels in my garage.
I definitely understand how bad the roads are in Seattle. I've driven my 2012 328 with 18" Pirelli P7 AS over there and I always complained about road noise. Last time I went to Seattle, I rent a Q70 with 18" Michelin MXM4 non-rft. I would say it was definitely quieter than my 328, but still considered as "noisy".. so I guess when the roads are bad, any tire won't change anything significantly...

I do believe that 18" is more cost efficient, but 18" seems nothing special for a ~60k M performance car
Appreciate 0