View Single Post
      08-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
timsev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

First track outing went well. The tires held up better than I thought they would considering I'm fairly aggressive with my driving. The car is well balanced and will push if you're too hot and the back end is easily controllable with the throttle. A little tap of the brake and quick throttle input can get the thing drifting. Basically, normal BMW handling that you would expect.

It's not an M car, but it's still a fun car on the track. It desperately needs a LSD since you can feel the inner rear wheel lurching and spinning for traction on slow exits and big sweepers. The car feels a little heavy but its better than the E82/E90 generation by leaps and bounds. I'd say the M2 will be stellar based on this initial outing in the "regular" version.

The electric steering feels good too at speed. I thought it would be too light but once you are at speed combined with the weight of the car, it feels like any other BMW. Brakes were amazing. I've always used old BMW slide calipers so this is my first set of Brembos and there was no fade on stock pads and no vibrations. Really, really good brakes.

Overall, the tire/wheel combo did great. I don't think this car needs as much camber as many would think. I did rotate front to back halfway to preserve the tires but I was surprised at how well they held up and distributed the load across the face of the tread. When they get too hot, they get noisy, which is good. You can feel them getting to the edge and can back off easily. Overall I was really impressed and would buy the same setup again. Oh, if anyone cares, I'm an instructor and it was around 93'F yesterday to give you an idea of the workout they got.

Let me know if you have any questions. Sorry about the lengthy review, there isn't a "track" section so I thought you guys might appreciate this more than the general population.
Appreciate 0