View Single Post
      12-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
rocat14
Private
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 335i xDrive MT

New Track Near Philly: Feeler

(Repost from E90 Forum, I want to get this out across all the forums: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1205748)

I was speaking to a few of my coworkers, and we came to the conclusion that we wanted to build track. Many of us are enthusiasts, and have now become enthused with the idea of making this happen.

Currently this is just an idea and I am in the pre-pre-preliminary stages of finding out what the costs/requirements are for building a proper track. To give very loose numbers, we would be working with approximately 15,000,000. This number is subject to change depending on the findings of my research.

The ideal scenario would be about a 4-5 mile track. Something that is safe enough for beginners to get on the track and have fun, but also can be challenging. The idea would be to host track days, schooling, races and even facilitate a few drag strips. Ideally, it would have 3-4 buildings as well as a service area which would be indoors and give drivers the opportunity work on cars for pre/post laps.

I have absolutely no idea what the costs associated with building this are, and I do have the ability to gain extra funding but I need to be able to approximate the demand for the area. What I would like to know is, people within the tri-state area, would something like this interest you. This course would probably be located about 20 minutes from Philadelphia. This location is also subject to change, because I am also in the process of looking at other locations that could make more logical sense.

I would love to hear feedback about this, and in the next few weeks will be able to provide more concrete ideas about this concept. This is the first of many forums I am going to reach out to, in the hopes to see what the enthusiasts around the area think about this idea. If there truly is interest in something like this, it can definitely happen. If there is a market and there is demand, this is something that could happen.
2011 Cayman S MT (For the Twisties)
Appreciate 0