11-22-2019, 11:06 AM   #61
*bimmervibe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I think your presumption is flawed since X1's and X2's are becoming the norm for loaners.

I like small cars, and part of that means I'm the guy that asked for the MINI for a loaner. And MINIs have been good. I just think there was an opportunity for BMW to keep the fwd cars labeled as MINI and take on the fwd offerings from MB and Audi with that brand, which seems to be dying for good product.

I also realize that BMW needed a small SUV and the previous X1 (which we owned) was a compromised package. As were the 1er hatches. So once you opened the door to the X1 it was only a matter of time until you let the small hatch migrate too.
I'm really talking about the x2 m35. It's a very different animal than the normal x2.

I owned a first gen x1 as well and in comparison I will never get the new x1, but I'm open to the x2 m35. In my opinion is a good compromise.

I understand that BMW opening to fwd with the X1 has lead to more model using that platform and there is now a fear that this will continue to more models. I'm ok if this remains on the entry levels.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00