05-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #9
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats13
Is that is what considered not "pairing?" I mean it finds the car fine and I can initiate a call from the car no problem. It's just on the intermitent times the call gets kicked back to the phone and I see on my I Drive screen connecting but I hear no sound.
In my book "Pairing" is the "once only" procedure where you tell the devices to look for each other and enter pass keys etc... You SHOULD only need to pair devices the first time that you introduce them to each other, or after major work which causes settings to be lost.

I refer to the day to day linking of the phone and car as "connecting" (different from call connecting). When you are in the car, the phone and car will "connect", transfer the phonebook, and stay connected and ready to originate or receive calls.

I doubt that you can "Tweak" anything to improve things. The problem is likely to be compatibility between the phone and the car. In other cases this has sometimes been improved by software updates to the car or phone.

If your car is new (it has been said produced since December - which will contain software released last September) then it should be reasonably up to date (there are some major bluetooth fixes for earlier cars).

Otherwise you could check for software updates for the phone. No guarantees that this will fix it however. Not all phones ship with the latest software.

You have a choice to make.
1) Stick with the current level of functionality
2) Switch to a RAZR - most people around here say it works well (possibly some call waiting or line two issues for power users! - Do a search here to look for these reports) Ensure that the software level on the phone is correct (see compatibility list)
3) Get the phone dealer to check for newer software for your current phone and try it. (It may be possiblt ot do this yourself, but this will likely void warranty, or your exchange promise)
4) Borrow a phone which is on the compatibility list and that has the required software level, and try that in the car in order to check for a hardware fault in the car.

Having the bluetooth systen workind seamlessly is a great thing. My personal choice would be to go for the compatibility. Sods law says that the system will glitch whan you are receiving a call in a tricky traffic situation. I'd not want be distracted then! (crunch!!!! )

Whatever you choose - Good luck!
Appreciate 0