Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I think your presumption is flawed since X1's and X2's are becoming the norm for loaners.

I like small cars, and part of that means I'm the guy that asked for the MINI for a loaner. And MINIs have been good. I just think there was an opportunity for BMW to keep the fwd cars labeled as MINI and take on the fwd offerings from MB and Audi with that brand, which seems to be dying for good product.
Personally I think your presumption is flawed that if BMW just branded these vehicles as MINI's they'd attract A3/Q3/CLA/A-Class/GLA buyers in the same quantity that having them as BMW's does. The hood ornament matters, too, or all those people buying those FWD-based Audi's and Benz's would just buy VW's or whatever non-premium brand you want to insert.

There's a market for those cars, and it's not a small market. BMW can't ignore it, and they can't just pawn those models off on a less prestigious sub-brand.
You're likely right. After years of driving BMW's I'm driving a VW. I realize that's unusual.
Appreciate 0