View Single Post
      09-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Wilt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42stanle View Post
Reset of CBS indicator for oil is standard practice after any oil change at least at my dealer. My last few oil changes have been low mileage (1 yr) and they always reset the indicator.
Interesting difference, my dealer does NOT reset the oil change interval at low mileage annual service...one done in April 2014, one done in August 2015 (no microfilter either time).
When the CBS then told me in August 2014 that oil change was due, they changed oil and filter and microfilter and reset the oil service reminder.
If the tech had read and complied with the the service order instructions (in August 2015), they would NOT have reset the SI, but the tech didn't follow instructions so they reset it after all! So I am now 13000 miles from my next microfilter, theoretically, which is about 1.4 years away at the rate I accumulate miles.

The CBS being so far off is of little consequence, it is a 'guess' based upon your driving habits. Pay attention to mechanic status reports on pad thickness based upon visual inspection...below 5mm you are getting close to needing pads. And the sensor will absolutely tell you 'get pads now' with a warning light.

Last edited by Wilt; 09-23-2015 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0