View Single Post
      11-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
Cris
What's FWD?
Rep
Drives: Former E82, current E39

I'll definitely try to swing by when Jason comes back. Butt dyno can definitely feel the difference in power delivery, but damn, every time I open up the beast, it's a completely different world; the sound of the V8 from the factory exhaust is intoxicating! The M5 definitely keeps me in check, though, as power is more linear without the pre-built boost from the turbines.

One of the primary reasons why I sold the 1er for a ten year old car is because I've always enjoyed the look of the third gen M5. Before I dove into it, I knew it was a high maintenance vehicle. Even though this car was maintained quite well by the previous owner, it's already running up a small bill. BUT, I only turn 30 once, so I treated myself to this car. Recovered close to 10k in equity from the trade too; this is going to be fun!

I have a bit of experience in maintenance, so I can handle basic to intermediate repairs.

Edit: found the M5 (and probably M cars in general) handle so much more neutral and solid. Without modifications and its inherent design, the 1er tends to roll much more. I can't wait until Jason's review on the 1M!

Last edited by Cris; 11-19-2010 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0