Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsev View Post
Track pads are simply not needed. Do not assume you'll get brake fade just because you read it somewhere in a magazine (or some guy on here thinks they will). I'm assuming you have little to no experience on the track. Stop worrying about track pads and all that stuff. Just go out to learn how to drive and get better. The stock brakes are more than adequate for tracking. If and when you get to the level where you can feel fade, then back off for a few turns until the brakes come back and you're good to go.

I have run 2.5 track days in the M235i with RS3 tires and stock brakes. The brakes held up just fine in 95+ temps with no fade. No crumbling, no pad knock, no pad deposits or warping, no excessive wear. I'm actually surprised at how well they have held up. Coming from 3 previous BMW track cars, I expected to smoke the oem pads, but haven't. I'm an instructor with several national sanctions so I'm not a noob.
Thank you very much. You are correct, I am very much a novice and have only had one day of HDPE so far a few months ago. That is great news that the OEM BMW pads hold up so well!
Appreciate 0