View Single Post
      03-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
matt69
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Sport

How bad is this? - MT in snow issue

So this morning there was about a foot of unexpected snow in my driveway. After shoveling the drifts behind my car I decided it was enough for me to pull out.

As I was pulling out I wanted to see if I was in the right tracks or not. I throw my car in nuetral, pull up on the e brake and hop out for a look. I see that i should be good but I have to go straight.

Hop back in and throw it in reverse. I rev the engine as I disengage the clutch. The car seems to pull back and but doesn't move so I think its bottomed out, spinnig on the snow, I throw it in first and try it for a second as well, same thing until I notice I had left the E BRAKE on !!!! Now mind you I only applied gas / engaged reverse / first for a second because I didn't want to bury myself if I was stuck but after I did this I smelled a slight burning in the car. I imagined to myself it was probably the e brake as the wheels slipped a little it burned the brake but as I was driving to work I couldn't help but think would that be the clutch???

The car did not stall and like I said I felt it push back a little so it seems the transmission was engaged.

It seemed to drive fine all the way to work.

What do you think? Should I be worried? Is this a big deal -is it clutch or E brake I smelled?
Appreciate 0