View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #10
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Does it need to look "lady like?"

What size does it need to be? Is she, like many women, good with wearing a man-sized watch?

Does it need to be mechanical?

Obvious brand choices: Seiko, Citizen, Tissot, Hamilton.

Less obvious brand choices: Momentum, TehcnoMarine, Swiss Army (Wenger or Victorinox) (Swiss Army has an obvious nursing connection), Suunto, Squale (http://www.squalestore.com/shop/inde...gory&id_lang=1)

Styles: I suspect anything will do as her watch is unlikely to be a tool she uses for taking pulses and whatnot. Even so, if she'll wear it in a clinical healthcare setting where she is providing care, focus on legibility. Not so much because she might take a pulse using the watch, but because she'll enjoy that the watch is easily read when glanced at.

If she finds herself working in dark places, I'd suggest getting something that has tritium tube illumination (Luminox, Reactor, Deep Blue, Ball, others) rather than SuperLuminiva (SL) lume, which requires charging and the charge only lasts for ~20 to 40 minutes before becoming quite dim. (The cheapest SL might not even last 10 minutes...how long depends on how thickly the maker applied the SL paste/paint.)

You may want to find out if there are places where she works that have materials restrictions as go what she can wear.

Whatever you/she prefers style and brand wise, I suggest stainless steel as a case and bracelet material given that she works in a medical environment. Steel's low reacitivity with other substances will be a good thing, as compared, say, with rubber or skin, especially for straps/bracelets.

Obviously, if she's a nurse administrator, not much matters other than that she thinks it looks nice and it's water resistant.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0