View Single Post
      10-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

good form, good execution, good idea but i personally would not want it done to my car.

the original purpose of push button start is for race cars because they have no key. all u do is hop in and push to start. now a days its bastardized a la honda s2000 etc where you have to stick a key in and push the start button.

This reminds me of that stupid button on some cars, inwhich you have to push inorder to remove the key from the ignition. The most recent car ive seen with this is a 2004 dodge neon. please explain to me why its needed You first turn off the ignition, push the little button, then remove the key from the ignition.

the only way i will accept this button is in something like the lexus system. here you have a key fob that you keep in your pocket/purse. to open doors all you do is lift on the handle and to start you push the button with foot on brake. to me this is the REAL keyless entry.

but if you like it congratulations on a job well done. im not here to tell you all what you can and cant do with your cars. i believe in individualism and whatever floats your boat.
Appreciate 0