TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Spoken like a true salesman. If I can save thousands then I am saving thousands. Why would I pay more when I can pay less? Better service? Most sales people forget who you are the moment you walk out that door.

Bottom feeders? lol. Sounds like you're burned out.
He's not wrong. You're looking at strictly as a consumer, he's speaking as a salesperson. Of course everyone is trying to save money, but there's saving money and then there's shopping every single dealership because you heard some Joe Blow on the forum got an amazing deal that you typically wouldn't get.

I work in the industry (not as a salesperson) and I've seen how both sides interact. Consumers like to complain about how the dealership treat them poorly but consumers treat salespeople the same if not worse because their attitude (and some are on this forum) is that if you don't give it to me, I'll go shop around at other dealerships. So you think most sales people forget the moment you walk out that door? It's the same for consumers - you're just one of many salespeople I can buy from - most are not looking for long-term relationships, most just want that deal for the next 3 years before they move on to something and someone else.

The whole industry needs to be re-worked. I'm glad that some dealerships are introducing the one price model and removing the negotiating aspect of selling/buying. No matter what the dealer says, consumers always think they're getting shafted anyway. Here's is my price (typically 5% off) take it or leave it.
Appreciate 1
jvit27111.50