Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 MG/SO

7 - Fussen

Attractions
Linderhof Palace
Neuschwanstein Photo Spot
Neuschwanstein Castle
Marienbrucke lookout

In leaving Salzburg, I first headed to Linderhof Palace in Ettal which was on the way to Neuschwanstein Castle and Fussen. This palace was modelled after Versailles and both the interior tour and surrounding massive garden is definitely worth a visit. I happened to be in front of the palace when they turned on the water jet fountain. It reminded me of a geyser because of the dramatic column of water extending straight into the air. The other highlight is the Venus Grotto located north of the Palace.

The one hour drive from Linderhof to Neuschwanstein is scenic and passes next to Plansee Lake, a popular recreational area during the summer. I first drove to the “photo spot” next to the tree and took some photos of my car with Neuschwanstein Castle in the background. I have read from other members that the interior castle tour was nothing special, so I skipped that and took the blue bus up to Marienbrucke lookout. The bridge was packed with people trying to get a peak of the castle. Just slowly make your way to the center of the bridge and the crowds tend to clear up toward the other side. The view of the castle from this bridge is truly spectacular and jaw dropping. From here, it is an easy 30 minute walk down the hill to the castle and lower parking area. I stayed the night in Fussen before heading out to Varenna the next morning.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jedi_M; 09-20-2015 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 2