View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 01:14 PM   #18
BMGSS
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwinny View Post
Don't care about your source.
Typical forum guy who try to spread his knowledge with no base. Yes source and math are not decivise.

Quote:
s55 rods and pistons are a direct swap
Or directly swap with the OEM part number of the 320i in replacement catalogue and archive a similar result as I said. No modifications at all. Cheaper.

Quote:
Otherwise with larger aftermarket rods + pistons require notching the cylinder walls to accommodate the wider connecting rods and aftermarket sleeves or having the factory plasma cylinder wall coating reapplied after honing the cylinder walls to ensure conformity.
Yes you talk about after market rods and pistons. Im aware of that that the MaxSpeedingRods with Wössner pistons for example dont match directly. People do this to run above 350hp and still need to support the cylinders by CSS to prevent from breaking. You guys talking that a stock car with only downpipe and software can match the same energy. lol

But im talking about OEM. An overhaul is always done with the matching replacement parts for this engine of OEM brands. Mahle for example. (Brand for the OEM BMW pistons)
No modifications / No third branded parts. Same result.
(Read the section about the same-part strategy of BMW)

Quote:
.. over some "internet article"
It's literally the engineer whos holding the patents of BMW lol
Funny how you think you're smarter than the guy who made your engine.

Quote:
The td04-16T turbo this car comes stock with maxes out around 21psi or so at 6200 or above. Thus a lower boost target for the high compression motors and more timing is utilized to make the same power.
Yes the you can max out the turbo and the higher compression relies more on timing. But read my post carefully again. The temps are way to high for the whole system. For pistons turbo and exhaust system.
You can apply a small boost maybe to reach it real limits but it's only minimal. As I said, it has a reason why BMW only release power kits with ~+10hp.
Think different: The 11:1 compression is way more economical. If you could run the same power in that compression. Why BMW dont use 11:1 compression for 328i too? Because they can not. Dont think BMW is stupid.

Quote:
ID for these pipes is a bit larger than you claim.
No its not. Read it up. Here for you: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...BMW-320i&mg=18
Stop spreading misinformation.
Its 65mm for 320i and 75mm for 328i.
You can optimize the flowdown by replacing the downpipe but the flow still gets blocked midpipe like a bottleneck. So still bullshit. Otherwise show me.

Quote:
Thus, a larger exhaust isn't worth it nor limits how fast exhaust gases can leave the hot side of the turbo and out the muffler/back box.
The diameter is still small for power over it's limits. I think its magic that the 328i runs higher boost and have coincidentally a bigger exhaust system.

Quote:
This is all BS and misinformation
Yes BMW loves to scam people and charge money. $4000 less for the same engine!! what a scam!!!

Quote:
Car manufactures don't run their cars and sell them at near 90/100% power output capacity as it makes sense to leave 20-25% of headroom available for reliability + warranty
Its not the same case for every engine. If you would have read my post I said that the 328i has that headroom you've mentioned. But I explained you why the headroom for the 320i is smaller. Yes every engine has headroom but for the 320i its really really small. I wouldn't tune over 200-210hp by software only.

Quote:
Tuners like to push this window of safety to around 4-5% to have headroom of margin
My point is that tuners tune way out of this margin which gets the engine into a critical area. Yes for the people who cant max out their cars because they only make 0-100 or drive 130km/h at max its relyable. But people who continuesly max out their cars will harm their engine.

Quote:
We can agree to disagree all day, but otherwise don't let that minivan, lorrie, or diesel vw passat pass you by.
What should I say to this. Great argumentation. Thanks for opening my mind

Quote:
Common knowledge
Yes. "trust me bro" > Source/Proof/Maths

Last edited by BMGSS; 06-14-2022 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0