View Single Post
      01-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

New datalogs at 95%.....one good...one not so good

Went out tonight and did some runs to see what my boost was looking like. the car has felt great recently and 3rd and 4th gear just rip . the one thing I have noticed is that if I start in 3rd gear and floor it, there seems to be dip in power in the midrange in 3rd gear. If I start in 2nd gear 3rd gear feels strong the whole way. It made me curious.

I was able to capture the drop in boost in this datalog. The ambient temps were 28 degrees. Keep in mind I have never been able to get boost logs in the 14's like most people. I have a much larger intercooler than stock which is the most likely cause.

SHIV - we need an intercooler map please

You can see the dip in 3rd gear here....it actually went below 8psi! Thats lower than it will boost stock sometimes.....weird.

I immediately turned around and ran 2nd thru 4th and the boost was good and stable. It hit 13psi in the beginning of 4th but dropped all the way back down by the end of 4th. Honestly the car feels great.

I did dyno the car and on a dynojet it hit 350whp w V2, the intercooler, and forge DV....no other mods, and that was w/ no fan running into the intercooler.