View Single Post
      07-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #11
SeanC
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D SE Coupe 2008

Hi

I have the DAB option on mine but as I also have the SatNav Pro its all built into the idrive.....I wanted it because I listed to BBC7 a lot, but I must say that reception is very hit and miss where I live. The problem is with digital is that it copes very well, until the signal either breaks up of completely disappears.

When the car was delivered I couldn't get anything on the DAB until I went through the iDrive and found an option to reset it and to scan for available transmitters and then selected the main BBC one to use.

I also have FM and AM radios. I need to check into the option to switch to FM when the signal disappears as I don't think that is working on mine......

Must say the USB port is one of the best things I spec'd (apart from the adaptive headlights and dipping mirrors). Though not all USB sticks work with it. Bought a really nice 8Gb one and it wouldn't work properly. Some of my 4Gb ones gets corrupted or crashes the whole iDrive system.....would be nice to have an approved list to chose from....

Sean
Appreciate 0