First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 X5M

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Oh boy. I bet you might be surprised/embarrased if/when you find out the identify of the driver you critiqued.
You may be right. I am by no means the most experienced driver, just watching the F1 guys line as well as how far wide he is running off in order to get on the power and it didn't seem like he was going hard on the brakes to make the turn in point any better. I also have never touched that track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I will say that the camera vehicle driver apparently didn't get any kind of memo about staying off the Wack AstroTurf that they have placed in run off areas at COTA.. and he sure didn't gain any time using it...

My only critique of the driver (other than the asphalt is quicker) is that the line in the turn 16-17 carousel should be different. Absolutely no need to run onto the curbing in the entry part of the carousel there and that is where the driver lost the most time (aside from the AstroTurf mowing ). Definitely get onto the curbing as you are exiting, which the driver did do.
Also noticed that the F1 driver continued to pull away at most turns as well as the guy behind him continued to try and run over him.

But, the vehicle seems very quick. Acceleration seemed pretty inline with an M5 based on the way the speedo climbed. Now just need to find more of a reason to have a monstrously powered SUV.....