View Single Post
      09-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Zoomby_U
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 M Coupe

To All The Fellow Z4M Supersprint Owners ...

Hello All,

Just had my Supersprint Sport/Race mufflers installed on the stock x-pipe and the sound is epic! However I was just wondering from other owners if yours gets louder as the car reaches operating temp? I am just concerned of an exhaust leak at the gasket even though everything looks good and I can't see any visible exhaust from revving the engine. Anyways here are my observations so far ... just wanted to compare:

1) The exhaust sounds pretty much like stock when first starting and driving the car from cold and revving, just a slight bit louder

2) Once it fully warms up then it is VERY deep and sweet sounding down low up to about 3500-4000RPM and then it mellows out completely to almost stock levels so you can hear sweet S54 working its magic

3) In 3rd and beyond when you really get on the gas at 2500RPM or more again it is very deep and loud and you can really feel the vibrations until it mellows out again above 4500RPM

4) I love the sound but it seems pretty loud in the cabin (but nice outside) and I was wondering if anyone else has put some sound dampening in the trunk to dull the noise a bit?

- Also what is the best way to check for exhaust leaks at the flange? The shop re-used the stock gaskets when they installed, however I found the bolts weren't really tightened all the way so I gave it another good 1/2 turn when I got home. BTW the SS are used and should be broken in with about 6000KM's on them.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U
Appreciate 0