Thread: 3GT vs X3?
View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #18
lmcq784
Excited F34 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F34 (328iX GT M-Sport)

We have a base model 2013 X3 28iX and a 2014 328iX GT w/ M-Sport. We love them both for different reasons. I have the GT and the wife has the X3.

They both handle well. The GT has a wider stance, and lower CG so it handles a little better. The trunk is deeper for sure, and great for hauling longer things like a new TV. We bought my in-laws a new TV that was in a box 78" long. It won't fit in her X3 but did fine in mine. However, the X3 does allow you to carry taller things. One great thing about the GT is that the rear seat backs can come forward, so square boxes fit better in the trunk while still allowing passenger seating.

We love the GT. But when it comes time for a baby seat, the height of the X3 makes things a heck of a lot easier. My wife wouldn't have to bend down to put the seat in - a major point when we decided on the X3 for her.

Pros and cons for both, but for daily driving pleasure, I like the GT more. A note on the rear wiper, I was and still am really surprised with how the aerodynamics of the car negates the need for the rear wiper. Unless you're in very slow traffic, I have never had a problem seeing out the back. Only 1 time this year, did snow collect on the rear windshield because I was stuck in start and stop traffic.
Appreciate 0