United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Do you not see the irony in what you just said? "If someone wanted that platform they could buy an Audi"? That's the problem - people ARE buying Audi's. And Benz's. And other small, FWD-based vehicles that are fun and practical, instead of just fun.

Newsflash - the existence of this car does not impede your ability to get a different car from BMW's (quite expansive) model portfolio. You want something RWD based and less roomy? Great, get yourself a 2-Series coupe, 3-Series, 4-Series, etc. BMW makes plenty of those types of cars, more than anyone else in the market, in fact. But to say "if someone wanted that platform they could buy an Audi"? It makes precisely ZERO BUSINESS SENSE for BMW to just give away thousands of sales per month to the A3, CLA, A-class, etc.
Yes, but BMW doesn't need to go that low and dilute their brand for the sake of sales unless it means we get more of the good ones. SUV sales let us have things like the M2CS, FWD car sales don't give us anything.... yet

I don't agree with catering to the lower end of the spectrum when it means compromising your core brand. BMW could've done RWD and been competitive but they chose not to which is my point
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 3
TEGRITY616.50
10"4946.00