09-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #10
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian75025 View Post
So I've had my M4 since May and overall it's a good and fun car but honestly I'm not as impressed with it as much as I want to be. To my disappointment it has been an anticlimactic experience. I'm sure I'll get tons of hate for this post but this is just my opinion, please take it as that. Below are my list of rants I've acquired since May.

1. The sound. I wish it was much more of an exotic sound. At this point the sound actually annoys me.
2. The power. It's fast but not scary fast. I have an ESS tune which did make it feel a little faster and more aggressive but it's not fast enough for me.
3. The bucking. If I have the car in Sport or Sport+ and I am cruising around or in parking lot and I just slightly hit the gas then remove my foot from the accelerator it begins to buck back and forth. Very embarrassing and frustrating - this happens at least once a day.
4. No Alcantara. As a top of the line M car I would at least like the option to have an Alcantara roof liner and other Alcantara pieces throughout the cabin. Event the RCF has this option.
5. No Red-Line light. Other than the heads up display (which is hard to see) there is not an indicator light for when to shift. I know, you can buy the M steering wheel but I'd like a light somewhere to tell me when to shift.

So this is my current rant list. Let the hate posts begin....
So my view;

#1. Fair enough, an inline 6 turbo is not going to sound the same as a naturally aspirated 8. Just isn't going to happen. I personally like the car (though at cruising highway speeds I'll admit to putting it in "efficient" mode to do away with the drone sound). An investment can be made in an exhaust (many choices) that significantly changes the engine sound. Having said that, this is not and never has been the selling point of the car.

#2. Car's pretty darn fast for a RWD genuine four seater. Of course you're not just paying for straight line acceleration (if that's the only thing you want - then yeah you should have bought a Challenger Hellcat). You're also paying for the handling. There are faster cars but I don't identify with this one at all. 0-60 in 3.9 for a true four seater (vs a 2+2) is pretty damn fast in almost anyone's books. Of course, you can also do faster with a 2 seater but... you know then get a 2 seater.

#3. Bucking? Anything that addresses point #2 to your satisfaction is going to buck if you don't control the throttle at slow speeds . May want to think about taking it out of Sport+ in parking lots. Sport+ is not tailored for nuanced driving like in parking lots.

#4 Alcantara. As someone has said - you can easily aftermarket this. Personally, too much of that crap (fine on steering wheel, but roof liner, etc) causes me to feel pretty far away from a track car but personal choice.

#5 Whaaa? I just don't even know what you're talking about. I have so many things blinking and projecting when I'm approaching redline (with the M Performance HUD on) I honestly don't know what the heck you're talking about. I have the 6MT, maybe its different in the DCT.

But hey - different strokes. If you're not happy, ditch it. No hate, just move on. Personally - I freaking LOVE this car.

I blame Lups because of reasons.

Last edited by F83; 09-29-2015 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0