07-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #14
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
My hope is that BMWi will bring Tesla some serious competition
I do also. Early reviews of the Polestar look promising and the performance is nothing to sneeze at either. I watched a video where a Model 3 owner would pick the Polestar over his Tesla.

There are a couple of things regarding any of the Tesla competitors that are important to me. Range and battery life.

While the new entries have the fit and finish part down (Tesla is improving in that area), they are pretty much starting at square 1 with the parts that make their vehicles go.

Tesla is developing better and longer range batteries while other are buying whatever they get off the shelf.

I'm really hoping the i4 is a car that ticks all the right boxes and doesn't have any birthing problems. At this point too little is known about their battery technology and its lifespan to fully buy into the car.

As far as appearance and appointments, IMO the i4 wins hands down vs. the competition.

Seems like the real Tesla contenders have a range a bit south of 300 miles (exception being the i4 which appears to match the Model 3 RL). With Tesla's "Battery Day" still TBA, chances are we may see that gap widening and battery life increasing.

Time will tell...........................
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN20275.00