mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
Hi Everyone

I was in the process of purchasing a brand new 2.0d X-Drive but then stumbled on a demonstrator with all the optional extra's for £8k less than what it would cost new. So I snapped the dealers hand off.

Another thing I do miss is the rest option on the climate control. On my £90 you could press the rest function that the car's climate control would still operate for a set time which was great when popping into a shop for 10 mins and the car would stay warm. For some reason this has been replaced with the ALL button and all this does is make the passenger side temperature settings match the drivers side. Pointless.

Hi Beeker, I see a lot of your questions have been answered, maybe I can help with one more. My X1 does have the "rest function" on the heater/blower although I do not have the iDrive option. Mine is set through the radio interface and allows for immediate or a pre-set time for it to go on for up to 30 min. Its not well explained in my manual and if it was not for my dealer showing me on delivery I probably would have missed it. I actually use it a lot when like you say I pop into the shops late at night. Keeps the car nice and warm for when I get back. Interestingly I understand that on the continent you can also have an auxilliary heater fitted but its not an option in the UK.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0