Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent T View Post
Potential future owner of X1 1.8D, I have a few questions :
- how is the ride with 18in wheels ?
- shiny black plastic inserts : looks nice but appears fragile from various comments on BMW or other car makers : reality or fiction ?
- HUD : do you get speed limit information even if you don't get the safety pack or advance safety pack ?
- standard interior of the X-Line (mix cloth + leather) : somebody has this configuration and could share real life pictures ? Opinion on it ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
- Ride on 18": I have the standard 18" with RFT + Dynamic Damper Control. It's a soft ride in Comfort and Eco Pro. But it becomes a little crashy in Sport mode. If you're ordering regular tyres, it will be quieter and softer, naturally. I've commented on the ride in a couple of my posts here: http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1187939
Other owners have also posted reviews with all sorts of different option combinations (18", 19", RFT, regular tyres, DDC, no DDC). Search the forums. You'll find them.

- Black plastic trim: I'm assuming it's the same material as the trim around my radio, A/C, etc. If that's the case, it attracts finger prints and dust like any other shiny black plastic. Nothing out of ordinary. It's definitely not tacky brittle plastic, if that's what you're worried about. I have the matt oak trim on the dash. It's a must have if you're buying an xLine.

- HUD: Short answer is YES. Long answer, if you have any of the two camera based driving assist packs, it shows you the last speed sign it's read on the street, motorway, etc. If you don't have any of the driving assists packs, it shows you whatever data that is available in your satnav. Both systems have their pros and cons. Camera based one sometimes gets confused in the city with multiple signs posted around (although very rarely). SatNav based system could provide you with outdated info. But yes, you'll get what you're asking for with or without Driving Assist.

- xLine interior: Not sure about France. But UK xLine comes with regular leather seats as standard (cloth is not available). Sport gets cloth sport seats. M Sport gets cloth/Alacantra sport seats. SE gets regular cloth seats. xLine configurator shows cloth. But that's just a bug. You can upgrade to leather in Sport/M Sport/SE. But you can't downgrade to cloth in xLine. See Remmm's link above. I think it's exactly what you're looking for (cloth/leather seats + black plastic trim; looks quite nice actually. Much better than all cloth seats). I haven't seen any of the members with this combo yet. So I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little for owner feedback!

Last edited by KPD; 01-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Eye kan't type
Appreciate 0