View Single Post
      09-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
Charles1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Guys, I don't mean to be rude nor do I think anyone must run TC Kline suspension. For the money I spent I would rather have an LSD and Koni/Eibach kit. I have never said a bad thing about KW only they are a marketing company. Note most of the racecars on this forum running KW were given to them for free.

My only wish is to stop people from making the same mistakes as me on pervious cars. Don’t just run out and buy a suspension kit that you see all over the magazines or on a few racecars.

My recommendations are go out and talk to your local SCCA club races and autox guys and ask them what is working. Most people will never adjust a suspension kit once installed on a car anyway. This makes non-adjustable shock/spring kit a great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Charles1, I have years of track experience and have used both KW and Bilstein. Sure I am not a race car driver, but I dare say my ideas are far from random. So what makes you so much better informed than I am? Isn't it weird that a few of the 135i track/race cars built are using KW kits. I guess none of us know what we are doing. You just know so much more than us. Although I am not familiar with your TC Kline DA coilover (but I have read enough to know they are good), I would have no hesitation in putting up my KW Club sports against it.
Way – I have backed every statement made with documentation and real life experience. I co-drive and built a three car Honda challenge H2 racing team with my brother. In addition I drove and built very competitive BSP 350z.

Two years ago I would have bet money on brand X suspension (very expensive and had all the forum and mag support) until we switched suspension on one car to a very basic Koni/ground control set recommended by a top car in the class. What happened next changed my view and opened my mind to true race can design (noting is better until you data log it) forever. Are lowest powered car was lapping 2 seconds faster on average across three drivers on a 45 second course.
If I did not race and data log my butt dyno would still tell me brand x was much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
charles, please don't take this the wrong way but i have noticed in a previous thread as well, that you are very quick to tell anyone off who does not have or want a tckline suspension, and rather rudely at that.
I did not say a word about TC D/A is this topic/post. I only posted a link to article with great information everyone should read before purchasing suspension.

Send from a mobile device. This was typed on a very small screen and not intended to be rude or disrespectful.
Appreciate 0