View Single Post
      08-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #90
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

My TV retrofit is progressing. It is now wired in and successfully on the MOST network (all audio still working). I've also added option $601 to the car and coded the CIC settings appropriately.

I've split my two DAB antennas so they feed the DAB enabled CIC and the TV jointly.

Performing a channel search on the TV doesn’t find any channels.

DAB continues to work fine, but I am receiving the 'Aerial Inactive' message on all 3 antenna's under the service menu (I've only plugged into 1 and 2 for now).

According the ccfj1 in another post, seeing 'aerial inactive' can be due to:-
  • No power to TV
  • Incorrect MOST connections
  • Incorrect coding

I'm pretty sure the TV is now powered and the MOST network is working fine for all other devices and sound, so that only leaves TV coding.

I've attached a picture of what I've set in the CIC configuration to via NCSExpert. I've also just been back to the car to read out the current config to make sure my changes took effect, they did.

Edit: just to add my DVBT-T2 unit is dated 03/18, HW version 5.0.0 and SW 6.0.13, all of which I believe is the latest version.

Further Edit (Sunday morning): had a few thoughts overnight and did a bit more troubleshooting this morning,…

The car sits in my garage without the handbrake on, so I wondered if that might prevent the TV working (TV in motion not yet being enabled). Putting the handbrake on made no difference.

I decided to take the car out of the garage, thinking that might help with picking up a TV signal - I only live 4miles from the large Crystal Palace transmitter. Taking the car outside, I still get 0 channels on a channel search.

I took my DAB splitters out of the equation, plugging the 2 DAB antennas directly onto the TV antenna ports 1 and 2. Again, 0 channels found. I swapped the two antennas around (into the other port), and still no channels found.

Finally, if I pull the plug from the back of the TV module (with power, ground, FBAS and Most), I cannot search for channels in the TV from the iDrive and get no sound from other devices (as expected). Therefore, the TV module is definitely getting power and successfully on the Most network when plugged in.

I thought my factory DAB antenna would work for the TV DVB reception, but it completely fails to find any channels on a search. After a search completes, having found 0 channels, I just get a rotating circle on the screen as it tries to tune to a nonexistent channel.

I have an aftermarket antenna on order which I had planned to use in the 3rd antenna port. Perhaps if I try that in the first antenna port, it might pick up something?
Attached Images

Last edited by dar2008; 08-15-2021 at 03:56 AM..
Appreciate 0