11-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
335d coupe
Mike
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer
335d coupe, bit off topic... but curious to know why you sold the Z4M Roadster? Would it not only be about 7-8 months old? A dealer up here in Scotland was selling a couple of used Z4M examples (just over 6 months old, only a couple of thousand miles) and they were up for sale at around £7000 to £8000 off new list price

But yeah I remember reading all the info on z4um about breaking in the Z4M and whether to take it gently or just thrash it!
Yeah....guilty as charged! I know it was (the second half of the post at least) somewhat off-topic (albeit still largely E92-related!), but I just got on a roll

As for your Q. about my Z4M roadster, I bought it as pre-reg for £39K (from Sytner) back in late May. I had the car for 5 months and did almost 6K miles in it. Very enjoyable - if a little uncomfortable for a 45 yr-old 6'4" lad like me!! I managed to quite jammily recoup almost £34K for the car from a dealer who had a customer who wanted a second-hand car to my exact spec. I did one HELL of a lot of phoning around to get the deal with most other dealers talking £31-32K for the car. In fact, my local dealer a coupla weeks ago had an independant dealer emailing them (6 times in one week) with an 06/06 Z4M Roadster with 600 miles up (silver-grey, black leather, good spec inc. NAV) offering it for £31K....... My dealer didn't want it.......the guy who had had it had paid list..OUCH My local dealer has NEVER sold a new Z4M Roadster.... just two ex-demos which have gone for £33-34K real money.... I think that the coupe will likley be much better news second-hand: the roadster - it has to be said - isn't. (Hey, don't flame me for being off-topic again.... you asked!!)

Cheers

Mike