View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 01:22 AM   #13
chickennuggets
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I couldn't say how much they're going for, I just know the lease deals on the BMW 3 series right now are very good since they're on their last leg.

When the G20 is first released, I doubt you'll see very many deals on them.
Interesting, I think I'll look into it this week. Did the math, can afford the 320i on a lease right now comfortably, an increase in price is doable but more restrictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I think you'll be good with a 320i. Coming from a Prius the handling, despite not being the best compared to other 3ers, is still an improvement from your Toyota, and the 7 second 0-60, while slower compared to other 3ers, is again 3 seconds less than your Prius, and I've seen many reports of owners able to get high 30s and even low 40s mpg out of their 320, so it won't be too big of a departure from your Prius. Hell, if you don't mind buying used, you could easily save a shit ton of cash on buying a used 320i (especially since german cars depreciate heavily unlike your Toyota) and if need be, spend some cash on an extended warranty (if your scared of reliability), and still have extra cash leftover, and if the 320i isn't enough for you, there's also the idea of a 328/330i (new or used). I think you will be fine with a F30, as it will be an upgrade from your Prius no matter what.
Great information, thank you. Good mileage! How old/ how many miles would you say would be good to look for used? Not opposed to the idea, but I am scared of reliability compared to a new one (3 yer warranty new, correct?)

I'm very excited to join the bimmer club, it's just a very weird time to jump in with the G20 around the corner (maybe a good time)
Appreciate 0