View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #10
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG23 View Post
Booked my car in for its initial service a bit over a week ago and drove around (mostly aimlessly) to ensure I got to the 2,000km in time. When I booked it in I asked them if they could ensure all the relevant oils/parts required for this initial service would be there in time. They assured me they would be - it's standard practice to always order these in before time. This made sense - how else could a dealer operate?

But I went further just to make sure - I told them I didn't want to make a big deal about this, but I have heard of a few cases on forums where they didn't have the oil in stock and had to order it in - considerably delaying the service. I was met with an almost condescending response - I am paraphrasing but "what sort of business would we be if you booked a particular service in and we didn't have the parts when you arrived." I agreed but re-iterated that I just wanted to ensure everything went smoothly and I apologised for labouring the point.

So as we approach the long weekend here, I was excited to see what it could do. Dropped it off this morning, got a call an hour later.

Guess what - they don't have the oil.

What a joke
If it were me, I would make a point of having a face to face visit with "Mr Condescending" and see what he has to say for himself, as you happened to be exactly right as to what was going to happen, and How HE wasted your time.