05-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #5
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG23 View Post
Booked my car in for its initial service a bit over a week ago and drove around (mostly aimlessly) to ensure I got to the 2,000km in time. When I booked it in I asked them if they could ensure all the relevant oils/parts required for this initial service would be there in time. They assured me they would be - it's standard practice to always order these in before time. This made sense - how else could a dealer operate?

But I went further just to make sure - I told them I didn't want to make a big deal about this, but I have heard of a few cases on forums where they didn't have the oil in stock and had to order it in - considerably delaying the service. I was met with an almost condescending response - I am paraphrasing but "what sort of business would we be if you booked a particular service in and we didn't have the parts when you arrived." I agreed but re-iterated that I just wanted to ensure everything went smoothly and I apologised for labouring the point.

So as we approach the long weekend here, I was excited to see what it could do. Dropped it off this morning, got a call an hour later.

Guess what - they don't have the oil.

What a joke
Doesn't get more frustrating. How hard is it for people to do their jobs?
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0