Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Well, I don't have the M4 yet (coming soon), but with all the cost for labor to install just camber plates, you may as well just install KW Clubsport or similar. That's what I've done on my E92 and for now that's my plan for the future M4.
Is the install cost that similar between front camber plates and full suspension swap?

I'd like to get more seat time in the stock car before modding. I've only had the car for 5 weeks and have only done 4 DEs in it so I'm still getting the hang of it

If the tires weren't going so quickly I wouldn't have considered camber plates

Apparently the BFG Rival S has a reputation for having a tough outer tread for "camber challenged" cars so I'll likely replace the PSS with those in the 275/35/18 size and maybe I can even defer the camber plate purchase.
I ran the 1st gen Rivals on my E92 when they first came out two years ago. I loved them. Yes you are correct they have very large outboard tread blocks that seemed to hold up well. I ran them on the stock ZCP suspension with -1.5 degrees camber. Give them a try. They held up well and were consistent over the entire session and had a ton of grip.

I don't have experience with the Rival S but in speaking with the tire rack staff they said it was more of an auto x tire because it heats up faster but might not hold up over a full 20-25 min track session. Look at the regular rivals, not the rival S.
Appreciate 0