View Single Post
      02-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Work Rezax on M Coupe - Got Lip???

So I've been going back and forth for the last few months trying to decide which wheels to get. You know; the usual suspects iForged, CSL, BBS LM, new Morr CSL looking wheels etc.

Should I go one or multi-piece? Rivets or clean? Lip or concave? Should I go funky with gold or stay neutral silver, anthracite or polished etc? To make things harder there are very few pics of Z4M's with aftermarket wheels (unlike the e46 M3).

Well I have always loved the Work Rezax every since my NSX days. It had the deepest lip I had ever seen on an NSX. I loved them but had only done CCW, Kinesis, BBS, SSR and Fikse before. And I have always been a mesh fan and to me the Rezax is the best looking mesh hands down.

I think it has to do with th way the lip curves up to meet the center of the wheel thereby making the polished lip look even bigger and the center smaller (almost like a step lip). Perhaps its the higher volume of rivets making it look like an intricate wristwach like a Breitling Navitimer. Or maybe its the way the silver center is a mercury finish so it looks better than paint but not polished. Although Work and Volk are Japanese wheels, they are without doubt fine wheels and suits the aggressive nature of the Coupe even more than the M3.

This was a very agressive M3 fitment with a 19x10 et 20 rear. Was afraid it wouldn't fit but so far so good. Its raining today so I've yet to pull it out of the garage and see how it looks or if it will rub when the suspension settles. I have a feeling I'm going to want some coil overs even more now

Appreciate 0