View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

I never noticed any steering issue (clonking, anything) on my 118i M Sport. I have basic steering (no Variable sport, no Servotronic), if that matters. I never turn the wheel when stationary, though: an "old school" approach. The suspension is non-adaptive, basic M Sport.

Regarding the clutch, initially I experienced some hard biting, so sharp I could never avoid a very noticeable start when applying the gear, especially at high revs (after the running in recommended!), of course. No matter what I tried to accommodate (remembering the spot, more acceleration, less acceleration, faster engagement, slower engagement...) the car jumped, making me ashamed. All of a sudden, after some 12000 km. of rather highway than city driving and two weeks stationary (vacation) it just went away: now I experience much smoother application, quite controllable. No driving skill improvement , most definitely. Hopefully a run-in, not wearing off. After a prolonged drive, the clutch seems to feel "softer": no judder or anything, just less responsive.

I would suggest "nothing they can do" is all right to address someone who can.
Appreciate 0