Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
M Performance is not M

Anyway the problem is not the platform, nowadays Bmw offers 2 tons suv with 7 seats, hybrid/electric motors, 4 wheels drive and whatever, a FWD 4 cylinders is not the end of the world.
The problem is that ugliness.
I have to weight in about the ugliness factor. My 1M was purposeful looking but not all that elegant like E36 or E46 series coupes. BUT when enjoying it I did not see the sheet metal when enjoying it or spend hours gazing at it. Form follows function. My little monster 1M's function was to go like stink, go to the track and get sideways occasionally not to look pretty. The 2Gc'c function is to be fun to drive, toss-able, while moving people and items. Emphasize fun to drive. I loved the 235 coups but also have a grandson and a car seat plus a 13 year old grandson and a garden. A small 4 door car fits my life. We should all be glad BMW choose to make a car that works for us. I chose to still buy a BMW because I know their engineering, build quality, attention to detail and fun factor are there. I was looking at other makes before this car came . BMW keeps making their cars bigger and bigger and I don't want a big car. This car is the right size. It is only 1 inch longer than my 2002 E46 M3 and that's big enough for me. The 3 used to be the entry level car and I'm glad BMW still provides a car like that. I promise not to come to your forums and tell you what I really thing of the new 3 series or the crossovers or SUV's. That would be a waste of both our time.
Appreciate 0