Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
I think the platform was aimed more at non BMW (hardcore) fans giving the S3, golf r and A35 peeps an alternative and maybe also targeting the 2 series and 3 series buyers..

I must admit I was sceptical about owning a BMW with the new platform but it made sense after taking my M135i for a test drive.

The M235i I'm not a big fan of the rear end but it does look good.. when it gets going..

Who can complain when you're getting these goodies at a fairly reasonable price.

B48 engine with a bigger turbo, strengthen pistons, conrods and bigger main barings
Upgraded cooling
M Performance specific tuning
M Performance sports brakes
M Performance sports seats
M Performance sport exhaust
M Performance aerodynamics
M Performance suspension
Or maybe just everything is labeled as M lately but I like it.

If I was to nitpick I would prefer the AWD to send a little more power to the rear rather than the 50/50 split.

M Performance is not M

Anyway the problem is not the platform, nowadays Bmw offers 2 tons suv with 7 seats, hybrid/electric motors, 4 wheels drive and whatever, a FWD 4 cylinders is not the end of the world.
The problem is that ugliness.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0