makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumelk View Post
Hi,

Looking to upgrade the CCC system to the CIC, However I currently have TV (Freeview), DAB, Bluetooth, BMW Assist/Connected Drive, & Navi. If I was to do the exact replacement with what I have at the moment, added bluetooth Audio streaming and the USB port under the armrest (my CCC system didnt come with this) how much would i looking for this, the price should include fitting.

Also are there any modules that can be salvaged from the CCC system or would it all require new bits?

Many Thanks
Since you have TV and DAB already, so you save the money for the diversity antenna.
If you have bmw assist and connected drive (paid), then I'd suggest you to keep the TCU box in your car as IMEI of it is registered against your car on bmw data base. Having said that you cannot have combox (BT streaming and 6FL/ usb connectivity). As you will loose BMW connected drive.

To summaries, just upgrade your CCC to CIC without combox in your car.

Cost:
CIC kit
CIC controller trim for M3 approx £300-350 (one was on ebay recently and worth of sending the seller to see if its still available)
Emulator (£75-80)
Cable from CIC to CID £38
USB socket with usb hub + cable + glove box skin £100
Most loop terminator £20
Fitting cost (feel free to pm)
DAB antenna cable £10

PS: Your DAB module become redundant and you can sell it.
But you will require to keep your TV module to have freeview.