View Single Post
      09-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #10
BEEMeUp
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Not that any of this is easy or readily available, but carbon roof, carbon trunk, plastic windows.

Idk if any coilover kits use titanium springs or if that's even a thing. Something I always looked at for my mountain bike.

Even if they don't help the overall weight too much springs/coilovers would lower center of gravity.
Regarding roof, trunk and windows... you are right, I've looked high and low for some aftermarket products that fit the bill, but no luck there. In regards to what option to tackle, that might be achievable from a custom standpoint, everyones bet would probably be on custom lexan/polycarb windows to replace the glass units. Still researching that bit and would be happy to hear from anyone whose used such a service in the past.

Coilovers are one of the upcoming updates I've got planned... and I've decided on the KW Coilover Kit V1's. Which based on my current setup, should shave an estimated 6 lbs off from the OEM's I'm replacing. Some friends say I should bump up to the V2's for tracking, but ultimately I'm trying for that 'happy medium' of stance/height adjustment, a slight stiffening and of course 'comfort' for those days I'm not tracking the car (which ultimately will be 90% of the time).

Last edited by BEEMeUp; 09-27-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0