07-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #16
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrjag View Post
Man oh man, where to begin? Obviously you intimated your inane comment would draw some response with "no need to write long lengthy replies."

Your comments are just ridiculous. Yes, the general premise is that "new cars" aren't "less" (whatever that means) than the "old" ones they replace. If you mean by OBJECTIVE measures, i.e., performance metrics. However, there is more to the "feel" of a car than purely objective measurement. Hence subjectivity. The car world is replete with examples of cars that are replaced by subsequent models that are technologically more advanced, have better performance metrics, but are panned by pros and enthusiasts on subjective criteria. In the BMW family the new ///M5 is a great example of this.

I am not butt-hurt that the new ///M has better objective metrics than the model it replaces. I am excited for the brand and the people who buy them. I have reservations about the direction ///M is heading, i.e., turbos, but that is philosophical. If anything THIS is what I am "butt-hurt" about. Turbo-charging. I understand the reasons for it, but ///M has previously espoused a brand identity that eschewed this very technology.

Enjoy your new ///M. Please don't presume to assume that I am butt-hurt because your new twin turbo car is FASTER or has MOAR POWER. Congrats. If that were my sole criteria, it would be sitting in my driveway right now.
Yeah...you're butthurt.
Appreciate 0