View Single Post
      04-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I got high beamed all the time when I had my dealer adjust my lights up some. For me it was a safety factor as I couldn't see that far down the road. My Ford Focus had better distance illumination than my 1 did to let you know how bad it was for me. When the dealer adjusted my lights, they went a bit too extreme and I was illuminating the second floor of people's houses when I was driving through my neighborhood. It was nice for me as I can really see far but people were not happy with me. Many high beams from oncoming traffic and a couple of middle finger salutes.

I went back to the dealer and had them readjust them. The second time, the dealer adjusted the lights back to factory specs and again my distance visibility was nil. I went back a third time and my service adviser adjusted my lights. This time he got them spot on. I can see far and I don't get high beamed any more.

For me the factory spec, just doesn't work. Not sure if my height has anything to do with it as the top of my head is only a couple of inches away from the headliner and I have to some times duck a little to see past the rear view mirror in that direction.
Appreciate 0