View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #8
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

No plans for towing with it. Already have a 2013 F350 powerstroke.
This truck will be my daily driver.
Trying to stick with a V8 as good as the EcoBoost is, it simply will be more costly to repair in the long term due to more parts and turbos.
As far as fuel efficiency I'm surprised to see that people are stating the ford is more efficient.
Regarding the GMC vs Chevy thing. They're basically the same truck however I prefer the appearance of the GMC better. No other reason however if I'm spending the money I'd rather get the truck I like the looks of better. I definitely like the gmc styling better than the ford but I've driven the fords and they're quite nice to drive.
I am slightly worried about the reliability of the ford. My last F150 (was a 5.4 3v) had lots of issues. However I daily a 04 expedition right now with 218k and I'd drive it across country without fear. My powerstroke mechanically has been reliable but I've had some electrical issues which kind of worries me given it's a newer truck like what I'm shopping for.
Ford would likely be a 5.0
Not driven a new 5.3 or 6.2 would I be satisfied with the 5.3 knowing how powerful the 5.0 is or should just look for a 6.2?
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 0