View Single Post
      12-26-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
Good 4 2 reasons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 m240ix, '18 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ F30 View Post
Just wanted to know how the hifi sound system is for the G42? I currently have an F30 with the harmon kardon surround sound system and am currently thinking about getting a G42 2 series without the Harmon Kardon sound system? Just want to know how the hifi system is overall. I like listening to various kinds of music, rock, hip-hop, electronic, etc. and just want to make sure the clarity, quality, and bass will be good coming from someone who has the previous generation harmon kardon sound system.
This being my first BMW, I was expecting that even the HiFi system would be more impressive coming from a '15 VW Golf launch edition (the cheapest model that didn't even have cruise control).

I have seen it mentioned before here, but you really have to get the volume past 75% to be perceive any clarity on the HiFi system. I have not done enough testing with the engine sound settings to see how heavily it influences the quality of the music playing. For the price, I would think upgrading to the HK is a no brainer, I know I wish I did since most upgrades I have seen mentioned start at $800+ just replacing 4 speakers with better quality ones.

Nothing about the system is going to wow you. I would describe it as serviceable. If you are in any way an audiophile, you are going to be looking to upgrade the system. I can't speak to the HK system.
2015 VW Golf 1.8t 5-speed (sold)
2004 Chevy Cavalier (hopefully crushed by now)
Appreciate 2
DZ F30303.50