Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Thumbs up for a true 6spd! However, market value has not been higher for them, unfortunately. In fact, due to a market that is shifting away (no pun intended, but quite ironic) from 6spd and even ICE engines altogether, dealers will actually offer less for a 6spd as they can't find buyers easily.

Just a heads up from a true enthusiasts with many 6spds in the stable.
Sorry but I disagree fully. Six speed manuals will always be what a purist sports car driver wants. The S85 is the last V10 with 500hp BMW made and will likely ever make. There is absolutely no comparison between the SMG and Manual. The SMG is a clunky, harsh, abrupt disaster of a transmission.

And the fact that companies are making fewer and fewer manuals only makes them worth more. Anyone looking for an S85 is going to be looking for a manual. They want an M6 convertible there is only 377 other choices ever made. This is probably one of the lowest mileages in the country. I sold my E60 M5 6 speed last year with a 42,000 miles and I got $38,000 for it.

This is my neighbor/clients car. He is very well off and has several other cars. We are not concerned in the least with getting a strong offer for this vehicle and we are in no rush.
Agreed about SMG. They are junk.
Appreciate 0