10-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #128
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebetrau88 View Post
A 2 door render
That's a reasonably well crafted piece of work. If the goal was simply to imagine what a 2 Series Coupe built on the FAAR platform could look like, this is a very competent effort.

That said, it is certainly worth remembering that the upcoming 2022 G42 2 Series Coupe will be built on a completely different platform from the new F44 2 Series Gran Coupe, and it will have its own completely distinct styling. What that means is, as far as that car is concerned, any rendering based the F44 accomplishes nothing as far as predicting what it will look like.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that, if one wanted to imagine the G42 (and I'm not saying you do, I'm merely covering the case in which someone may) that individual would be much better off starting with a blank slate. Some things to keep in mind would be classic RWD proportions, the very latest BMW styling cues from other RWD BMW products, and, if SCOTT is to be believed, a dash of the 3.0 CSL Hommage (or the 3.0 CSL Hommage R if you are going for something more along the lines of the M Performance model with M Performance parts or the G87 M2).
Appreciate 1
Jason40667.00