View Single Post
      09-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #15
M!
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I agree that my M4 is a win, but that doesn't mean that it can't be significantly improved.

My annoying visor labels are beyond the control of BMW as they are federally mandated. I was just venting, and hoping for some proven solutions, which were forthcoming. I appreciate that.

However, if Porsche can make their electric steering system feel as natural as the hydraulic type that preceded it, proving that it is possible, then BMW didn't do enough developmental work on theirs. I'm wondering if tuners could perform coding modifications that might improve the feel and bring the driver and car into closer communication, much like they do for engine ECUs. In fact, maybe BWM can make software improvements that can be downloaded in the future.

The ideal driving experience for me is one that makes me feel as if I am one with the car, and that it will do exactly what I want it to do naturally. My M4 has the power, braking, stability, and all the other quantifiable attributes that I want (I don't track cars) but there is an annoying disconnect between the steering and me. I intend to keep this car so I will have to adjust for the car, but it would be a lot more fulfilling and rewarding if I could adjust the car to fit me.
Appreciate 0