View Single Post
      06-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
TheStanman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 992 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceStormOf06 View Post
I was considering the same thing. I choose not to do Owners choice b/c the double tax and on the back end, you end up paying more if your going to finance. It's like buying it twice. Plus you never know what the rates are going to be in 3 years from now. It was designed to get around the crazy lease tax (Ad Valorem) they do here in GA for those that will just pay cash instead of refinancing again. Plus I believe the buy on the back end is like buying at MSRP all things considered if you choose to buy it at the end similar to a lease..(I could be wrong about this part though). Plus when you buy it at the end, you've already paid the full 6% tax or whatever.

You can buy them at invoice now and you can get 72months @ 1.9%. Put the money on the DP for that.

That said, I think owners choice is only good if your going to trade it for the tax credit. That's the true benefit IMHO
Owner's Choice is a way around the double taxation that would occur with a lease. At the end, if you choose to buy, you just pay off the residual value of the car (or refinance) - like a typical lease.

The trade-in for the tax credit is the main benefit of the Owner's Choice. However, it has all the other benefits of a lease.

And same question - is 72-month loan @ 1.9% through BMWFS? That's pretty appealing, though think I would still stick with Owner's Choice.
Appreciate 0