03-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #13
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short540 View Post
So I took the car out for a trip to the store. Got out of the car went into store and when I came back out I had a drivetrain malfunction error on my I drive screen. The car was just sitting at idle. I've had a few issues with cel and once a drive train malfunction. But it went away. I had the car at dealer ship and they fixed a temp sensor. I I reinstalled the tuner exactly to the directions. It's been running really good ever since until today. So I'm not 100% on Dinan stage 1. I been reading other posts on here about the same issue. And everyone seems to say they always clear themselves. So just a heads up. Has there been any issues with the race chip for half the price of the Dinan.
FWIW, I haven't had any issues with my Dinan S1 yet.. and I drive it fairly aggressively (always in Sport+, and usually transmission in sport as well). I do add the Lucas oil octane booster to it though, as the tune w/ 91 octane feels a little crappy at the top end. With the booster it definitely makes it smoother and cleaner.