View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #6
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Sure Ill consider - I like all different chassis sizes and love driving. While the M5 and M6 cars that I have had are faster, the E46, E92, F82 M3/M4 cars I also had were great cars the delivered great acceleration especially when modded, and while being less luxurious created an arguably more involved driver to chassis experience for me. I have had many times the smaller M and bigger car at the same time. I would miss both when I got out of the other. M5/M6 were/are great GT cars but my M3/M4's were just fun- something that is not always quantifiable or explained easily on a forum but they just were smaller aggressive rides that made me happy in sharp turns and quick bursts on open roads.

I am not a hp freak per se but have higher OEM hp cars. Porsche is a great example of how an excellent "lesser" hp car can deliver amazing performance and ultimately an excellent driver rewarding experience. Maybe this new M3/M4 chassis and AWD will create something similar? Who knows until we get behind the wheel but I hoping it will.
I am similar in the fact that with the AWD and about 500 HP - I think the car will be reasonably quick and a little more fun to drive/simply smaller lol. With the cost reduction too - it may be a viable option.

That said - Onfire is correct - the interior in the 3 series seems overly bland and poopy. So that may be a game changer in the other direction for me. I continue to watch...
Appreciate 0